- b. Dec. 8, 1930, d. Oct. 27, 2010
- first instrument: diatonic single-action accordion
- chromatic button accordion from 1948
- 1949 first performance of "Musik für Trompete und Akkordeon-Orchester"
- 1954 first prize winner of International Composers Competition in Philadelphia/USA with "Rhapsody for Accordion and Symphony-Orchestra"
- accordion teacher, composer and arranger in Ruhr area from 1955 to 1965
- compositions: mainly for accordion and accordion with other instruments
- Find comprehensive information on Werner Heetfeld at DoHe-Verlag. 120 of his compositions are available.